So, yesterday my wonderful friend and I had a very important discussion. We were making a list of the little things in life we were thankful for. By this we didn’t mean the big kahunas like family, friends, health ect… we meant those stupid (but oh so important) things you realize your life wouldn’t be complete without.
My friend’s list consisted of things like air conditioning, HBOgo, paperback books, greek yogurt, and playing catch with her boyfriend (the one who created the word bakist!). All very important and reasonable items and activities. Now… My list:
1. Turkey Cold Cuts
…yea that’s about it
Fine, fine, there were others… but just know, my lunch would not exist without turkey. Therefore, I would starve and die without Boars Head. But after much more thought, this is what I came up with…
3. Reading outside
8. Epic Summer Thunderstorms
9. 24 hour grocery stores (this is for when I realize in the middle of baking at 10pm I don’t have buttermilk…)
10. Mini Muffin Doughnuts
Yes, you did see number ten correctly. The best of both worlds Doughnuts and Muffins!!
24 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 2/3 cups milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 medium mixing bowl
1 large mixing bowl
hand mixer or whisk
greased mini cupcake pan or normal cupcake pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place butter and sugar into the large mixing bowl and whisk until white and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
2. Now, one at a time beat the eggs into the large bowl until they are just mixed in (try not to over mix them).
3. In the medium bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg.
4.Combine the milk and buttermilk into one cup/bowl.
5. Pour 1/4 of the dry mixture and 1/4 of the milk mixture and mix into the butter mixture in the large bowl and mix with a spatula or spoon. Continue to add the ingredients until everything is combined.
6. Now whip out those greased mini or normal cupcake pans. If you are making cute, fun, awesome mini muffins fill the pan about 3/4 of the way full. If you are making normal, boring, plain muffins fill the pan 1/2 of the way full.
7.Toss those muffin/donuts in the oven. If you are making mini cupcakes they need to bake for 10-15 minutes. If you are making normal muffin/donuts you need to bake them for 30-35 minutes (until a toothpick comes in and out of the cupcake clean).
8. As soon as the muffins are out of the oven take them out of the pan and toss them on a plate.
16 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 sticks); more as needed
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 small mixing bowls
1. Melt butter in small mixing bowl.
2. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in the other small mixing bowl.
3. Now here comes the fun part! Grab all those amazing little muffin/donuts you made and drop them in the buter and smother them with that liquid gold.
4. Take that buttered up muffin/donut and drop it in the cinnamon sugar bowl and cover it completely in sugar.
5. Place on a plate to dry for about 1 nanosecond (I dare you to attempt to wait longer than that).
Th-th-th-that’s all folks!!!