Did ya miss me? I sure hope you did. Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. The last few weeks have been crazy busy. I have been baking tons, but I keep forgetting to take pictures (I’m still getting used to this blogging thing). I hope by sharing this extra delicious and easy recipe, you will forgive me!
First off, I must let you know that this past weekend was very important day, my birthday! I am not going to tell you how old I turned, because it isn’t very ladylike. Also, I plan on lying about my age as early on as possible… so it will be more believable later on (its a full proof plan).
So, like any normal person, I baked my own birthday cake. Wanna see? Well even if you don’t, too bad. I’m pretty proud of it.
I hope you like it as much as I did (it doesn’t really matter what you think, it was my birthday cake!)
If you were expecting me to give you the recipe/instructions for this cake, I’ll have to say sorry now. This cake was quite time intensive and not for the light-hearted. The recipe I used you already have in your arsenal! It’s the same recipe I used for my Mother’s Day Cupcakes.
Now don’t get upset, I am still going to give you a recipe. This may be one of the best recipes I ever give you. People have traveled far and wide to come eat my spinachoke dip. I made a double batch for my birthday and my friends finished it in about 5 minutes. They also made sure to get a seat right where I was placing the dip, so they wouldn’t miss out on a minute of it.
Also, it is actually Spinach Artichoke Dip, but my “special” roommate was unable to remember to say both words and we shortened it for her.
1 Package of Defrosted Frozen Chopped Spinach
1 Can of Artichokes (not marinated)
1 Package of Cream Cheese
1 Bottle of Alfredo Sauce
8 oz of Mozzarella Cheese
4 tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 8 in square pan
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Take can of artichokes and dice artichokes
3. Take garlic
4. Combine all ingredients except for the Mozzarella cheese into the square pan
5. Mix all ingredients thoroughly
6. Sprinkle about 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese and mix into the mixture
7. Take the rest of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle onto the top of the dip
8. Throw in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown on top
9. Let the dip cool for 5 minutes(I promise you will burn the roof of your mouth if you don’t)
10. Grab some tortilla chips or pita chips and DIG IN!